Injured By A Faulty Product? 4 Things You Should Do Immediately

large corporations and retailers sell billions of products each year. While most products are safe, a few unsafe products do make it to the shelves. If you happen to get cut, pinched, or otherwise injured by a faulty product, you owe it to yourself and other consumers to bring the problem to the attention of the manufacturer and consumer regulating agencies. If you get severely injured, you may be able to seek monetary damages for your injury. If you get injured by a faulty product, do these four things. 

Stop Using the Product

Stop using the project even if you only suffered a minor injury. You might not be so lucky next time. Plus, if you continue using a device that you know is defective, you may have some culpability under the law if you do get severely injured. So stop using the project and put it away where no one else in your family can use it and get hurt by it. 

Contact the Manufacturer

Contact the manufacturer to see if there are any recall alerts for the product. If not, inform them of the problem that you had with the product. They may offer to replace the product or give you free services or products to compensate you for your troubles. If you've been injured, however, you should not make an agreement with them to accept any type of compensation in lieu of a lawsuit. 

Inform Protection Agencies

Consumer protection agencies monitor goods and warn people when there are defective products in the market. To inform the public about your issue, contact the US Consumer Product Safety Commission and/or the Better Business Bureau. There may also be some local state agencies that cover your jurisdiction. 

Contact a Lawyer

If you have been injured bad enough to need medical attention, you need a lawyer. There are many different ways to argue defective product cases, and it will be up to you to argue your case effectively in order to receive compensation. Consumer protection rules and regulations are tricky, so don't try to represent yourself. 

As you can see, there are several things you should do if you get injured by a faulty product. If your injury is minor, you may only have to warn the manufacturer and consumer agencies about your problem. However, if you need to seek medical attention for your injuries, you may have to contact an attorney like Jack W Hanemann, P.S. to get the compensation you deserve.